· The microcatheter is to be used over a guidewire. Use of the microcatheter ahead of a guidewire may result in device damage and/or vessel trauma.
· Proximal marks should be used to gauge microcatheter position within the guide catheter to avoid over-advancement of the microcatheter.
· Use of this product in narrow or tortuous vessels or over-torqueing the device in challenging anatomy increases risk of vessel trauma including perforation.
· Advancement of the microcatheter under resistance may cause microcatheter and/or vessel damage.
· Advancement of the microcatheter through a stented vessel can damage the microcatheter and/or cause stent displacement.
· If a blocked/damaged lumen is encountered, e.g. when flushing with saline, infusing with contrast or advancing over a guidewire, the microcatheter should be replaced with a new device. Failure to do so may result in catheter rupture, guidewire lockup, or arterial injury.
· It is recommended that this product only be used at a medical institution capable of promptly performing emergency open-heart surgery.